Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great product alert!



I went to Ukrop's yesterday to get the sea salt for the Master Cleanse project. I'm still debating about a start day for that...weekday or weekend? We'll see. Anyway, as I was looking through the organic section I found a tube of Herbamare. I had heard about it from one of our doctors in the office that prefers to take a holistic approach to medicine. She used it on a salad in place of dressing, which I thought was odd, but I wanted to try it, so I bought some.

It's an all organic herb seasoning salt, where fresh, organically grown herbs are combined with natural sea salt from marshes in France and allowed to steep for up to one year before the moisture is removed. It's not cheap though, a 3.2 oz tube will run you about $5-6, but it will last. Remember, this is salt, so you don't ever want to go overboard. A little goes a long way.

I tried it last night on steamed asparagas. It was good and there was no need for any butter or additional seasoning. Today, I brought it to work with me to try on my salad for lunch and shared it with my co-worker who also is crazy like me and likes to try unique new foods/dieting strategies. Again, great experience with the stuff. I am not a big fan of dry salad and tend to go heavy on the dressing, but today I used 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegrette and a little sprinkle of herbamare. My salad was GOOD and mostly dressing free. I highly recommend giving it a try if you want to cut back on salt intake or are looking for lots of flavor in your food without excess fat and calories. Look for it in the organic section! 

No comments: