Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Take that, stinky face!


So the stinky AcneFree Redness Solutions stuff I've been using was a major waste of money. I know it's only been a few days, but my mild redness has gotten MORE red and that blemish that popped up due to feminine housekeeping, yeah, it hasn't been touched by the stuff. On my way home I made a stop at Sephora and with the help of the sales woman, picked up some Murad Redness Therapy cleansing gel and a jar of Ole Henriksen's Nurture Me moisturizer, which I LOVE. It smells good and made my face really soft and the burning I was feeling during the day has lessened as well with just two applications. Note, I had been using a moisturizer with the AcneFree system too because it did dry my already dry skin out even more. I think after I finish the Murad cleanser, I might stick with all Ole Henriksen products. At least now I'm not walking around smelling like sulphur! Anyone want a free AcneFree kit to try? :)

On different note, last night I made another recipe from Relish Magazine. Chicken Saltimbocca to be exact, which is a fancier, slightly lower calorie version of chicken cordon bleu. Although this recipe wasn't quite as "light" as I would have liked it (around 420 calories per serving), it was still fun to try, albeit a little expensive to make due to high quality ingredients. Hubby found a good sale on chicken breasts at the store at least. If you haven't checked out Relish before (namely because you aren't a Richmond local), then take a look at their website:  http://www.relishmag.com/. If you are local, you'll find it in the Times Dispatch on the first of every month.

I hope that Jeff has been enjoying my new recipes lately because once I start the Master Cleanse, I'll be back to fixing the boys crap, like Hamburger Helper and tacos...things that I can easily turn my head to and not be tempted. The hardest part will be weekends. That's when we go out. Guess I'll be staying home for a weekend and working on the house. I have a tentative start date for Monday. My friend at work encouraged me to get it done and over with before Jan 22nd as we're having a girls night out at James River Cellars that night. Something tells me it would not be good to break the cleanse with a bottle of wine! Why have I not started it already? Because I felt it was necessary to cut down from the massive quantities of rich foods that were consumed over the holidays by eating lighter and fresher foods this week so as not to upset my system too badly. It's the pre-detox detoxing I guess you could say. Hey it's helping, I lost 2 lbs already! (Don't laugh, it's still something.)

No comments: